In our last newsletter, we shared we were busy re-designing the whole GroupDocs UI and experience. We’re very excited to share that these changes have been made: GroupDocs has a host of updated features and a new, vastly improved look & feel. We hope you like it. We’ve successfully implemented the user feedback we’ve received to date and look forward to hearing what you think of the changes: we’re always listening to your requests.
Here are some of the changes we’ve introduced recently to our application UIs. We’ve highlighted some of these changes below. Log in to your account to see it in action!
- Easier to access tools and actions – send your documents to other GroupDocs apps for processing.
- New thumbnail view to allow easier document navigation, or find a page quickly in a range.
- A brand new, super simple Signature Dashboard that allows really easy management of your signature process.
- Simply drag and drop documents onto the dashboard to start creating a new envelope.
- New simple workflow walks you through the entire digital signature process.
- Add comments that appear as markers – collaborate really easily with your colleagues.
- Now, new familiar tools are available for document annotation. You can include a shape to highlight a particular area, draw freehand, highlight or strike out text, add new text sections, and so on.
- Annotate images as well as text documents.
- Easier to access tools and actions, a simplified and overhauled UI process.
- New thumbnail view to move from one page to another, or find a page in a range.
- Navigate differences really easily, use our next and previous buttons to see each change within a document.
- Now, we also support comparison of PDF, XLS, and PPT files (BETA) . Here are the details:
- PowerPoint – ‘PPT’, ‘PPTX’ Comparison support
Excel – ‘XLS’, ‘XLSX’, ‘XLSM’, ‘XLSB’, ‘CSV’ Comparison support
Adobe Acrobat – ‘PDF’ Comparison support
‘HTM’, ‘HTML’ Comparison support
- New easy-to-follow workflow steps you through every step of the document assembly process.
- Setting questions is now incredibly easy. All variables are available in a list view: simply enter a question for every variable.
- Drag and drop templates directly into the app to upload them instantly.
- Share and manage document and folder sharing options directly from the GroupDocs Dashboard.
- View, filter and sort documents based on their last modification, size, file format and name.
- Fast, simple and powerful document conversion – all available in two clicks.
- Drag and drop your documents into the appropriate folders for great document management.
You can expect some exciting new features in the near future:
- Full Dropbox integration: Integrate Dropbox into your GroupDocs account. You can then sign, annotate, view, assemble and compare documents in your Dropbox account from within GroupDocs.
- Team plans, and user admin functionality: Team plans let more than one user be added to a plan. Each user will have their own private space, and have a shared “My GroupDocs Team Folder” that is shared by the team.
We’ve had a bit of press in the last month. Here is some recent community activity:
- GroupDocs was picked up by MakeUseOf.com Team and listed within Cool Websites and Tools for the month of May, 2012 – GroupDocs on www.makeuseof.com.
- GroupDocs was listed on RateMyStartUp.com – GroupDocs on ratemystartup.com.
Document assembly (also known as document automation) is a complex topic. At GroupDocs we aim to make complex topics easier to get to grips with. Below is a link to a GroupDocs blog post that explains how to use GroupDocs Assembly for your document assembly needs: What is GroupDocs Assembly?
Thank you for choosing GroupDocs.
The GroupDocs Team