We’ve received a lot of feedback from our customers asking us to create a .NET library based on our HTML5 document annotation app. We’ve worked hard and today are pleased to announce the release of the document annotation library for developers on .NET platforms (ASP.NET, C#, VB.NET). Using the library, developers can seamlessly enhance their web and mobile apps with the ability to annotate Microsoft Office documents, PDFs and image files. The benefits that the library offers include:
- End users can annotate more than 50 file formats, including all common Microsoft Office documents (DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX, PPT, PPTX, etc.), PDF files and images (JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP, TIFF).
- Documents are rendered as a combination of images and selectable text. This allows end users to select, comment on, strikeout and mark up text while annotating documents within your web or mobile app.
- The library is extremely lightweight and can be integrated with a single DLL, while the UI can be embedded with just a few lines of JS code.
- The UI can be easily customized using your own CSS so that it matches your app’s look and feel.
- GroupDocs.Annotation for .NET is a completely independent library. So, no 3rd party software is required.
- End users can annotate images, PDFs and other documents from any web-enabled device, including mobiles and tablets without having to install Flash, Adobe Acrobat or any other plugins. All modern browsers are supported.
- The library comes with a comprehensive set of annotation tools. End users can mark up, strikeout and comment on text, add notes to images and any point on the document, draw freehand lines and shapes, drop watermarks, etc. Annotated documents can be saved, downloaded, printed out or exported to a PDF file with all the comments and markups added by end users.
- Lastly, we offer free support to developers during the whole integration period to make the deployment hassle-free.
If you’d like to add the HTML5-based document annotation capabilities to your app, please download a free evaluation version, or contact our sales team for a free 30-day fully-functional license. Also, please visit the product page for more details on features and code samples.