Outlook Metadata Cleaner is an Outlook add-in powered by GroupDocs.Metadata for .NET that removes/cleans metadata properties in the files selected to be attached with email. It is an attach file button that appears in New Message window in Outlook. When some file is selected to be attached with email, the add-in first cleans all the metadata information saved with that file and then attaches metadata free file with email message.
Why Outlook Metadata Cleaner is needed?
Email is one of the primary and mostly used sources of communication. Business documents and files sent through emails may contain some secret and private information in form of metadata. Companies and individuals owning these files might be very much concerned about the prevention of leakage of any of their organizational or private information. Exposure of sensitive metadata to any unauthorized person could have harm the reputation and privacy of any organization or individual.
To cope with this, GroupDocs introduces Outlook Metadata Cleaner add-in to be integrated with MS Outlook. For more details, please visit Outlook Metadata Cleaner.
How it looks in Outlook?
This is how Outlook Metadata Cleaner looks in Outlook.
Features it Carries
Have a look at the features introduced by Outlook Metadata Cleaner.
- Easy to install and use
- Automatically integrates with Outlook
- Cleans built-in document properties
- Cleans custom properties in documents
- Cleans EXIF metadata in images
- Cleans XMP metadata in images
Following are the file formats supported by Outlook Metadata Cleaner
- Presentation Document (PPT/PPTX)
- Word Document (DOC/DOCX)
- Spreadsheet Document (XLS/XLSX)
- Portable Document Format (PDF)
Supported Versions of Outlook
GroupDocs.Metadata Add-in is supported by MS Outlook versions starting from Outlook 2010.
Setup and Other Resources
Outlook Metadata Cleaner is available for download. It is completely free of cost.
- Download Setup (Github) – Setup to install add-in
- Download Setup (CodePlex) – Setup to install add-in
- Source Code (Github) – Complete source code
- Source Code (CodePlex) – Complete source code
- Developer’s Guide – Helpful article for developer
- User’s Guide – How to install and use
- Download API – MSI package and zipped DLLs
As always, you are welcome to share your feedback to improve this product. We will be happy to know your thoughts. Just create a forum thread and our dedicated support team will be there to respond.