GroupDocs team happily announces the release of Next Generation GroupDocs.Comparison for .NET with the new features that you may have not practiced before. GroupDocs.Comparison is a powerful API for comparing + merging Microsoft Office, PDF, Text and HTML documents. It compares both content and styles in the documents and saves the difference summary in a separate result file. This version has a new installer and some new features, fixes, and more document formats are introduced. We recommend that you download and update the library as soon as you can.
Why Next Generation GroupDocs.Comparison?
We are releasing GroupDocs.Comparison for .NET 3.0.0 which is also known as Next Generation GroupDocs.Comparison for .NET. In this release, Comparison techniques and features are enhanced to achieve fast and smooth document Comparison so the developers working can seamlessly use the library to add document comparison capability in their .NET applications. The library provides features to compare documents of all most popular document formats including PDF, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint etc.
In Next Generation GroupDocs.Comparison for .NET, there is no more dependency for Web.UI based classes. Included advanced options in each class makes it simpler and Secure for any .Net applications developer .
Supported Document Formats for Comparison
- Portable Document Formats – PDF, PDF/A
- Word Document Formats – DOC, DOCX
- Excel Document Formats – XLS, XLSX
- Presentation Document Formats – PPT, PPTX
- Open Document – ODT, ODS, ODP
- Plain Text File – TXT
- Hypertext Markup Language – HTML
For more details about supported document formats, please visit Features Overview.
Main Features of the GroupDocs.Comparison
- Compare contents including paragraphs, words etc. See difference in style changes like fonts, colors, bold, italic, underlines etc.
- Differences between the documents are saved in a result file. You can read that file to see the list of differences i.e. the items added, updated or deleted.
- Whether your application is a ASP.NET web app or desktop based, you can just add it’s reference and start comparing documents. It takes just 2 lines of code to perform document comparison in your own .NET application.
- When comparing Word files, the merged document can be saved as a DOC/DOCX file, reflecting all the differences found with the Word’s native “Track Changes” feature.
- GroupDocs.Comparison directly works with the native file format, instead of relying on Microsoft Office or other components. Hence, you get the best performance in document comparison.
- Our ASP.NET MVC application for document comparison is free and open source. Get it from GitHub and host on your own server. It works well with mobile browsers, so you can use it in your office or on the go.
Migration to Next Generation GroupDocs. Comparison
Migrating to Next Generation GroupDocs.Comparison is quite easy. In order to help customers migrate to V3.0.0 or above, we have added a migration articles in the Product Docs. Please feel free to have a look at article: Migrating to GroupDocs.Comparison 3.0.0 or Higher
Available Channels and Resources
Here are a few channels and resources for you to download, learn, try and get technical support on GroupDocs.Comparison:
- Downloads – MSI Package as well as Zipped DLLs
- NuGet – Nuget install
- Documentation – Product Docs
- Video Tutorials – YouTube videos
- Product Support Forum – Technical Support Forum for GroupDocs.Comparison
- Examples/Plugins/Showcases – Github source code examples
As always, you are welcome to share your feedback to improve this product. We will be happy to know your thoughts. Just create a forum thread and our dedicated support team will be there to respond.