The GroupDocs team is delighted to announce the Front End sample project for the ASP.NET MVC developers. The purpose after this release is to enable the developers to write their own document annotation front-end using GroupDocs.Annotation for .NET 3.x. nearly all the features have been applied in this project which was given in the old GroupDocs.Annotation for .NET 2.x UI Based API. The developers are free to customize the application to fulfill their own requirements. This project is available at github.com.
Supported Document Annotation FeaturesThe ASP.NET MVC Front-End provides end users with tools needed for convenient viewing and Annotation of a documents. ASP.NET MVC Front-End is using GroupDocs.Annotation for .NET API to display and annotate Document in a browser.The front end provides almost all the common Annotation features including:
- Area annotation – mark up an area with a rectangle and add notes to it.
- Point annotation – stick comments to any point in the document.
- Typewriter – add sticky notes with rich text.
- Text annotation – comment on selected text.
- Strikeout/underline – mark up text with strikethroughs or underlines.
- Text replacement – type text to replace selected text.
- Text redaction – blackout selected text.
- Area redaction – blackout selected area within the document.
- Poly-line – draw shapes and freehand lines.
- Pointer/arrow – drop arrows with notes.
- Watermark – add a watermark.
- Ruler – measure the distance between objects in a document.
- Undo/redo – cancel or reverse annotations placed on a document.
Requirements to Deploy and Run ASP.NET MVC Front End
- If you want to run the GroupDocs.Annotation for .NET supported application it doesn’t need any download or installation on client side. End user can render the documents from any standard web-client browser, like IE8+, Mozila Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari 5+ and their mobile version.
- To deploy and properly configure the GroupDocs.Annotation ASP.NET MVC Front-End application on server, you will need aMicrosoft .NET Framework version 4.0+ and a “.NET-Compatible Web-Server: Internet Information Services (IIS), IIS Express or ASP.NET Development Server (Cassini).
Downloads of ASP.NET MVC Front EndThe ASP.NET MVC Front End can be downloaded from GitHub Repository. Please click here to download or visit the release page at GitHub.com
To Contribute in ASP.NET MVC Front EndThe developers can also contribute to the Front-End through one of the following ways:
- Find an issue or an idea of new feature – fix it and submit a pull request.
- Create an issue in the Github. In this case, GroupDocs Support Team will look on it.