After attaining a remarkable attention from .NET developers, GroupDocs team successfully ported GroupDocs.Comparison for Java API from Next Generation GroupDocs.Comparison for .NET. API provides facility to compare supported file formatted documents in a very convenient way. It supports numerous exciting document comparison features such as documents comparison + merging. It compares both content and styles in the documents and saves the difference summary in a separate result file. Furthermore, API supports multitude of file formatted documents such as, but not limited to Microsoft Office, PDF, Text, HTML documents. It’s worth downloading and testing the API.
Document comparison API comes with different comparison techniques and features that are enhanced to achieve fast and smooth results. It’s quite easy for Java developers to integrate GroupDocs.Comparison for Java in their projects. The API provides features to compare documents of most of the popular document formats including PDF, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint etc.
The quite captivating fact about this document comparing and merging API is, it is devised as a totally back-end API. Hence it is UI agnostic. That makes it easy to integrate in any Java application.
Supported Document Formats for Comparison
- Portable Document Formats – PDF, PDF/A
- Word Document Formats – DOC, DOCX
- Excel Document Formats – XLS, XLSX
- Presentation Document Formats – PPT, PPTX
- Open Document – ODT, ODS, ODP
- Plain Text File – TXT
- Hypertext Markup Language – HTML
For more details about supported document formats, please visit Features Overview.
GroupDocs.Comparison for Java 3.2.0 – Features
- Save html files to word document when use Comparison.Text for comparison
- Add GetChanges and UpdateChanges methods for Comparison.Text
- Implement the Saving of result Comparison as images
- PDF: Implement the own absorber of tables
- Implement formulas comparison for Words format
Main Features of the GroupDocs.Comparison
- Compare contents including paragraphs, words etc. See difference in style changes like fonts, colors, bold, italic, underlines etc.
- Differences between the documents are saved in a result file. You can read that file to see the list of differences i.e. the items added, updated or deleted.
- Whether your application is a web/desktop or console based, you can just add it’s reference and start comparing documents. It takes just 2 lines of code to perform document comparison in your own Java application.
- When comparing Word files, the merged document can be saved as a DOC/DOCX file, reflecting all the differences found with the Word’s native “Track Changes” feature.
- GroupDocs.Comparison directly works with the native file format, instead of relying on Microsoft Office or other components. Hence, you get the best performance in document comparison.
- Support of File Type Detection from Stream
- Compare Encrypted Documents
Available Channels and Resources
Here are a few channels and resources for you to download, learn, try and get technical support on GroupDocs.Comparison:
- Product Home – GroupDocs.Comparison for Java
- Documentation – Product Documentations
- Product Support Forum – Technical Support Forum for GroupDocs.Comparison
- Examples/Plugins/Showcases – Github source code examples
As always, you are welcome to share your feedback to improve this product. We will be happy to know your thoughts. Just create a forum thread and our dedicated support team will be there to respond.