The GroupDocs team is glad to Announce the sample project for the ASP.NET Web-Form developers. The purpose behind this release is to expedite the developers to understand the implementation of GroupDocs.Annotation or write their own document Annotation Application using GroupDocs.Annotation for .NET 3.x. Practically all the functionalities have been implemented in this project which was given in the old GroupDocs.Annotation for .NET 2.x UI Based API. GroupDocs users are free to customize and enhance the application by their own. This project is already published on GitHub.
ASP.NET Web-Form Front End FeaturesThe ASP.NET Web-Form Front End provides end users with tools needed for convenient annotating, viewing and navigation of a documents in a browser. The front end provides all the most commonly used UI controls available in native Adobe Reader’s plugin, including:
- Apply Annotations.
- Delete Annotation.
- Add/Delete comments.
- Thumbnail images for Annotation.
- Import Annotation.
- Page Zoom-in and Zoom-Out
- File Browser.
- Download As PDF
- Image Representation of the document
- Scroll view, one page in a row, two pages in a row view, double page flipping
- Pagination controls
- Text selection and copying to the clipboard
Supported Annotations Types in Web-Forms Front-endGroupDocs.Annotation for .NET provides almost all types of annotations for different document formats. In this ASP.NET Web-Forms front end we have implemented all the annotations available for PDF document format. Here is the list of Annotations used in front-end example.
- Text Annotation
- Area Annotation
- Point Annotation
- TextStrikeout Annotation
- Polyline Annotation
- TextField Annotation
- Watermark Annotation
- TextReplacement Annotation
- Arrow Annotation
- TextRedaction Annotation
- ResourcesRedaction Annotation
- TextUnderline Annotation
- Distance Annotation
Requirements to Run ASP.NET WebForm Front End
- GroupDocs.Annotation for .NET Web-form based front-end doesn’t require any downloads or installations on the client side after deployment. it downloads all the required packages from Nuget including GroupDocs.Annotation for .NET API. End users can view the documents from any standard web-browser, including IE8+, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari5+ and their mobile versions.
- To deploy and properly configure the sample on the server, you will need a .NET Framework version 4.0+ and a “.NET-compatible” web-server: IIS, IIS Express or ASP.NET Development Server (Cassini).
ASP.NET Web-Form Front End - DownloadsThe ASP.NET WebForm Front End can be downloaded from GitHub Repository. Please click here to download or visit the release page at GitHub.com
Contribute in ASP.NET Web-Form Front EndThe developers can also contribute to the FrontEnd through one of the following ways:
- Find an issue or an idea of new feature – fix it and submit a pull request.
- Find an issue or an idea of new feature – create an issue in the Github. In this case, GroupDocs Support Team will look on it.
Every effort by the developers/customers would be appreciated.