Today, we are excited to announce version 17.5.0 of GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET API. This brand new release came up with 20 important bug fixes and key improvements. It also supports rendering of comments in Word and Spreadsheet documents. Furthermore, we have introduced settings to adjust quality and size when rendering documents as PDF. We recommend you to please upgrade to the latest version to get improved results.
GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET 17.5.0 – New FeaturesFollowing are the new features introduced in this version of the API.
- Show/hide comments when rendering Words (Text documents) and Cells (Spreadsheet documents) documents
- JpegQuality settings to adjust quality and size when rendering document as PDF
.NET Document Viewer API – Improvements & FixesGroupDocs.Viewer for .NET 17.5.0 includes following improvements and important bug fixes.
- Improvement – Create lower-case name when rendering document from stream
- Improvement – Throw GroupDocsViewerException when file type can’t be determined for passed stream
- Improvement – Extend support for setting JpegQuality when rendering documents as pdf
- Improvement – Improve look of comments in API reference documentation
- Improvement – Do not set resource prefix when HtmlResourcePrefix is empty string
- Improvement – Add code examples to EmailOptions class documentation comments
- Improvement – Add code examples to DiagramOptions class documentation comments
- Improvement – Remove obsolete CountPagesToConvert and PageNumbersToConvert RenderOptions properties
- Fix – Text selection flickers in converted HTML
- Fix – Viewer creates temp folder when caching is disabled
- Fix – Comments in Word document are not rendered in output HTML/image
- Fix – File data file updated on each GetDocumentInfo call
- Fix – Content of Excel document is jumbled up when rendering into HTML
- Fix – Inline styles are used when styles are set to be saved separately
- Fix – API is rendering PDF document into blank HTML pages
- Fix – Incomplete image when converting specific dwg
- Fix – Save method requires System.Web reference
- Fix – 3D effect of the text in a shape is lost while converting spreadsheet to HTML
- Fix – Incorrect font color in rendering Excel to Html
Related Links and ResourcesWe have a few channels and resources for you to download, learn, try and get technical support on document viewer API.
- Download – MSI Package and Zipped DLLs
- NuGet Package – NuGet Installation
- Documentation – Product Docs
- Forum – Technical Support Forum
- Video Tutorials – YouTube Videos
- Example / Plugins – Github Source Code Examples
- Sample Front Ends – Open Source Document Viewer Applications