Team GroupDocs is really pleased to announce the release of GroupDocs.Metadata for .NET version 17.6.0. Four new features and a bug fix are introduced in this regular monthly release of the API. The latest version of the API has focused mainly on adding features related to the image format. It now allows reading maker notes in JPEG images along with providing the ability to parse additional IFD tags like SByte, SShort, SRational and SLong in supported image formats. The API has also resolved an issue related to updating the IPTC metadata in a JPEG image. Apart from making improvements to metadata extraction in images, the API has also added a feature for video format and it now allows reading the XMP metadata of an AVI video file.
We recommend our users to download the latest release and enjoy a better experience with the API through the features introduced in this version.
GroupDocs.Metadata for .NET 17.6.0 – New Features
The following new features have been introduced in version 17.6.0 of the API:
- Ability to read and write XMP metadata in AVI format
- Ability to read SONY maker notes in JPEG image
- Ability to read Nikon maker notes in JPEG image
- Ability to parse additional IFD tags like SByte, SShort, SRational and SLong
For details about the features supported by the API, please visit Features Overview.
GroupDocs.Metadata for .NET API – Bug Fixes
The GroupDocs team is always working at its best to cater to the needs of its customers and to make sure that any bug if found must be fixed at utmost priority. In this regard we have fixed an issue related to updating IPTC metatdata of a JPEG image. The latest release now allows updating the IIM IPTC metadata without any issue.
Available Channels and Resources
Here are a few channels and resources for you to download, learn, try and get technical support on GroupDocs.Metadata for .NET.
- Download – MSI Package as well as Zipped DLLs
- NuGet – NuGet Installation
- Documentation – API Documentation
- Examples/Plugins/Showcases – Source Code Examples, Plugins, and Metadata Editor Application
- Video Tutorials – YouTube API Videos
- Product Support Forum – Technical Support Forum for GroupDocs Metadata