The GroupDocs team is really pleased to announce the release of version 17.8.0 of the GroupDocs.Metadata for .NET API. The latest release comes up with a couple of new features and enhancements along with a bug fix. The API further improves its functionality by implementing the ability to read maker notes for Canon and Panasonic cameras. Beside adding two new manufacturers to the supported list, the API now supports some more camera models for SONY and Nikon that were not previously supported.
We recommend you to download and integrate this latest release.
The Metadata Extraction API – New Features
The latest version of the API comes up with the following new features:
Ability to Read:
For details about the features supported by the API, please visit Features Overview.
Version 17.8.0 of the .NET Metadata Extraction API – Improvements
GroupDocs.Metadata for .NET API enhances the ability to read maker notes from Nikon and Sony cameras and adds the ability to read:
- EXIF maker-notes from Nikon D models (D300, D500, D600, D5100 etc)
- EXIF maker-notes from Sony xperia, cybershot models
GroupDocs.Metadata for .NET – Bug Fixes
At GroupDocs, we are always focused on delivering the best to our customers. In this regard we have fixed an issue related to removing EXIF geo-location which was resulting in the loss of XMP metadata. The latest release has resolved this issue and preserves the XMP metadata intact after a user removes the EXIF geo-location from a JPEG image.
Available Channels and Resources
Here are a few channels and resources for you to download, learn, try and get technical support on GroupDocs.Metadata for .NET.
- Download – MSI Package as well as Zipped DLLs
- NuGet – NuGet Installation
- Documentation – API Documentation
- Examples/Plugins/Showcases – Source Code Examples, Plugins, and Metadata Editor Application
- Video Tutorials – YouTube API Videos
- Product Support Forum – Technical Support Forum for GroupDocs Metadata
- As always, if you have some questions, queries or suggestions about Metadata extraction API for .NET, just share with us by creating a forum thread.