We are back with another monthly release of GroupDocs.Parser for .NET. The latest release has come with a powerful feature of extracting images from the pages of the document. This feature is introduced for PDF, spreadsheet, presentation and text document formats. For more details, please have a look at the release notes of version 18.10.
Extracting Images from Documents
To extract images from the page of the document, GetImageAreas methods are used. GetImageAreas has following overloads:
public IList GetImageAreas(int pageIndex); public IList GetImageAreas(int pageIndex, ImageAreaSearchOptions searchOptions);
The method with one parameter returns all images from the page with zero-based pageIndex. The method with ImageAreaSearchOptions optional parameter returns only the images which meet the conditions of the searchOptions. Both versions of the method return a collection of ImageArea objects. ImageAreaSearchOptions class has only one property – Rectangle. If it’s set, the method returns only the images which are intersected with the given Rectangle.
At the moment, this feature is introduced for PDF, text, presentation and spreadsheet documents only. For working examples of extracting images, please refer to the following documentation articles:
- Extracting images from text documents
- Extracting images from PDF documents
- Extracting images from presentation documents
- Extracting images from spreadsheet documents
Available Channels and Resources
Here are a few channels and resources for you to download, learn, try and get technical support on GroupDocs.Parser:
- Installation – Install GroupDocs.Parser using NuGet
- Documentation – Product Docs
- Examples – GitHub Source Code Examples
- Video Tutorials – YouTube Video Tutorials
- Product Support Forum – Technical Support Forum for GroupDocs.Parser
If you have got any queries or concerns about the API, please feel free to get in touch with us over the forum. We’ll be glad to address your concerns.