We are pleased to announce the monthly release of GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET 18.12. This release includes three new features, two bug fixes, and four improvements. By upgrading to the latest version, you’ll be able to get the list of folders and render messages from a specific folder contained in Outlook Data Files (OST/PST). Furthermore, it also allows you to ignore empty columns when rendering Excel documents. Below is the list of new features, fixes, and the improvements added in version 18.12.
Working with Folders Contained in OST/PST Formats
GroupDocs.Viewer now also allows you to deal with the folders and the sub-folders in Outlook Data File documents (OST/PST). You can retrieve the list of the folders contained by a document and render the messages from a specific folder or the sub-folder such as Inbox, Sent Items, Deleted, Inbox\Sub_Folder_1 etc. This feature is available for rendering the document into HTML, image, and PDF. For working examples, please visit the following documentation articles:
Ignoring Empty Columns in Excel Documents
Sometimes Excel worksheet contains the empty columns along with the columns populated with data. In this case, if the number of empty columns is considerably huge, the rendering time increases and hence, it affects the performance. For such cases, we have introduced a new feature that ignores the empty columns using CellsOptions.IgnoreEmptyColumns property. For a working example, please visit this documentation article.
We have included the following improvements in version 18.12:
- Ignore empty string when it is passed as path to directory with fonts
- Improve rendering into HTML for Outlook Data Files with subfolders and empty folders
- Set exception localization feature as obsolete
- Prevent rendering frozen and invisible CAD layers by default
Following issues are fixed in version 18.12 of GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET.
- PDF contains blank page when rendering XPS to PDF
- Issue with the image source when rendering Excel to HTML with embedded resources
Related Links and Resources
We have a few channels and resources for you to download, learn, try and get technical support on GroupDocs.Viewer.
- Installation – Install GroupDocs.Viewer using NuGet
- Documentation – Product Docs
- Video Tutorials – YouTube Videos
- Examples / Plugins – GitHub Source Code Examples
- Sample Front End Apps – Open Source Document Viewer Applications
- Technical Support Forum – Technical Support Forum for GroupDocs.Viewer
As always, if you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to write on our forum.