We are delighted to announce a new feature in the monthly release of GroupDocs.Assembly for .NET 18.12. Using the latest version, you can now assemble external documents dynamically for Word Processing and Email file formats. Previously, an evaluation mark was added to a nested document being inserted dynamically, which is now fixed. We recommend you to install and use the latest version of the API.
You can insert contents of outer documents to your reports dynamically using doc tags. A doc tag denotes a placeholder within a template for a document to be inserted during runtime. The syntax of a doc tag is defined as follows:
An expression declared within a doc tag is used by the engine to load a document to be inserted during runtime. The expression must return a value of one of the following types:
- A byte array containing document data
- A Stream instance able to read document data
- A string containing a document URI
While building a report, an expression declared within a doc tag is evaluated and its result is used to load a document which content replaces the doc tag then.
By default, a document being inserted is not checked against template syntax and is not populated with data as well. However, you can enable this by using a build switch as follows:
<<doc ["document_expression"] -build>>
When a build switch is used, the engine treats a document being inserted as a template that can access the following data available at the scope of a corresponding doc tag:
- Data sources
- A contextual object
- Known external types
For more details on this feature, please visit this documentation article.
The following bug is fixed in the latest version of the API.
- An evaluation mark is added to a nested document being inserted dynamically
Available Channels and Resources
Here are a few channels and resources for you to download, learn, try and get technical support on GroupDocs.Assembly for .NET.
- Installation – Install GroupDocs.Assembly using NuGet
- Documentation – API Documentation
- Examples/Plugins/Showcases – Source Code Examples, Plugins, and Showcase Applications
- Video Tutorials – YouTube API Videos
- Product Support Forum – Technical Support Forum for GroupDocs.Assembly Product Family