Finally, the wait is over! We have released the first version of GroupDocs.Redaction for .NET. As we have mentioned in the pre-release blog post, GroupDocs.Redaction for .NET is an API to redact, hide or remove sensitive content & metadata from word processing documents, worksheets, presentations, and PDF files within your .NET applications. The API provides a single format-independent interface supporting various redaction types such as text redaction, metadata redaction, annotation redaction, and tabular document redaction.
Why GroupDocs.Redaction for .NET is Developed?Some documents contain confidential and sensitive content that needs to be protected. In many instances, it is required to remove the classified information from these documents before they are shared among different users. In such cases, it is impossible to process a bunch of documents manually. Here comes GroupDocs.Redaction for .NET to automate and simplify the process of information redaction within the documents.
Supported FeaturesThe following are the salient features exposed by the first version of GroupDocs.Redaction for .NET.
- Exact Phrase Text Redaction
- Case-Sensitive Exact Phrase Text Redaction
- Text Redaction with Colored Rectangle
- Text Redaction using Regular Expression
- Metadata Redaction
- Searching and Filtering Metadata for Redaction
- Annotation Redaction
- Removal of Sensitive Information from Annotation
- Detailed Redaction Logging
- Saving Document in Original Format or as a Rasterized PDF
For a complete list of supported features, please have a look at features overview.
Supported Document FormatsAt the moment, GroupDocs.Redaction for .NET supports the following document formats:
- PDF (.pdf)
- MS Word (.doc, .docx, .dot, .odt, .dotx, .docm, .dotm, .rtf)
- MS Excel (.xls, .xlsx, .xlt, .xltx, .xlsm, .xltm, .csv)
- MS PowerPoint (.ppt, .pptx, .pps, .ppsx, .potx, .pptm, .ppsm, .potm)
Available Channels and ResourcesHere are a few channels and resources for you to download, learn, try and get technical support on GroupDocs.Redaction for .NET:
- Download – MSI Package and Zipped DLLs
- NuGet – NuGet Installation
- Documentation – Product Documentation
- Examples– Source Code Examples
- Product Support Forum – Technical Support Forum for GroupDocs.Redaction Product Family