Uploading a Document to GroupDocs
You’ve got a GroupDocs account
and now what? This blog post is the first in a short series that walks you through how to use GroupDocs. In the coming weeks, well explain how to:
- use GroupDocs Signature,
- share documents with your colleagues,
- convert images to use as thumbnails, and
- assemble a document.
But first, we’ll explain how to upload a file. That’s the first and most basic task that you can perform once you’ve logged in. It’s as easy as 1-2-3!
Uploading a document
- Click Upload on the dashboard.
- Browse to and select the document you want to upload.
- Click Open.
The selected file is uploaded. The dashboard gives you some information about the document to help you keep track of it.
- A document thumbnail helps you recognize your document quickly.
- Document information tells you when the document was first uploaded (that is, created in the dashboard) and modified. It also shows you the document type, size and version.
- You can convert the document to a range of different formats.
- The Task menu allows you to work with the document.
From the Task
menu, you can:
- View your document.
GroupDocs Viewer gives you a screen-preview of the document so that you can read it (or, if it is an image, look at it). You can’t edit the document here, but you can search and copy text and print the document.
- Compare it to another document.
Document comparison is really useful if you have two documents that might be the same, but have different names, or if you have several versions of a document and want to see what the difference between them is. GroupDocs Comparison lets you compare two documents and save a new document with Microsoft Word change tracking so that you can edit the document online.
- Share the document with colleagues and friends.
When you share a document over GroupDocs, you don’t have to worry about whether the recipient can open that file type or whether it’s too big to be sent by email.
- Move, copy, delete or download the document.
Organize your documents in a way that makes sense to you.
- You can also create a questionnaire and assemble a document from this menu.
GroupDocs Assembly lets you set up document templates that you can use to collect information: document automation. We’ll explain these tasks in more detail in coming posts.
This should get you started with GroupDocs. We hope you find it useful!