Meet the all new GroupDocs.Conversion for Java library – a multi-format document converter with support for Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, PDF & image files. Just like all GroupDocs Java libraries, GroupDocs.Conversion is designed as a middleware to make it easy to integrate the converter into any ECM, CMS, or Java app.
In this first release, the library already supports over 50 file formats and allows you to convert literally all common business documents to PDF and raster images. To name just a few, GroupDocs.Conversion for Java allows you to convert:
- Microsoft Word (DOC/DOCX) to PDF
- Microsoft Word (DOC/DOCX) to image formats (TIFF, PNG, JPEG, BMP)
- Microsoft Excel (XLS/XLSX) to PDF
- Microsoft Excel (XLS/XLSX) to image formats (TIFF, PNG, JPEG, GIF, BMP)
- Microsoft PowerPoint (PPT/PPTX) to PDF
- Microsoft PowerPoint (PPT/PPTX) to image formats (TIFF, PNG, JPEG, GIF, BMP)
- PDF to image formats (TIFF, PNG, JPEG, BMP)
- And a lot more.
The library doesn’t rely on any 3rd party dependencies and can be seamlessly integrated into your own app hosted on any Java servlet container. The input documents can be obtained from a URL or a file path. Converted documents can be saved in a file or sent straight to streams. The library automatically provides you with paths to each converted document (output file).
The list of supported file formats will be growing with each new release. Please feel free to contact support to request a feature or file formats you’d like to convert using the library. For more detail on GroupDocs.Conversion for Java and to download a free evaluation copy of the library, please visit product’s page.