It’s time to lay a hand on Next Generation GroupDocs.Assembly for .NET. GroupDocs releases this product with the extinct features that you may have not experienced before. Variety of document formats are introduced, numerous data sources are supported. Document automation and report generation was never so easy.
Why Next Generation GroupDocs.Assembly? The legacy 1.3.0 version of GroupDocs.Assembly for .NET had limitations. For example, in order to generate a report in any of the supported, complex coding efforts were required for creating templates and then, generating any report. So, in order to simplify document automation and report generation, GroupDocs team reconsidered and revamped the whole architecture. Some salient feature include:
- GroupDocs.Assembly for .NET 3.0.0 brings power of C# and LINQ based data manipulations directly into your templates.
- Advanced template features such as charts, images, conditional blocks and others are supported.
- Custom objects of CLR types can be used as data sources from now, thus simplifying integration of GroupDocs.Assembly for .NET 3.0 with your applications.
- APIs are simplified: Creating of a DocumentAssembler class instance and setting of a few trivial options is all you need to generate a document.
- Document generation is no longer coupled with GUI and web, thus enabling you to use GroupDocs.Assembly for .NET 3.0 in a larger number of scenarios.
- Integrate GroupDocs.Assembly with existing business / systems through independent data sources like XML / JSON.
- Multiple document formats are supported. Create templates in anyone of these document formats.
- Support of multiple data sources including custom C# objects
- Data manipulation capabilities like Formulas, Sequential data operations, Built-in data relation support and many others
- Easy template syntax
- Less coding effort
Zero Dependency on any External Software/Tool GroupDocs.Assembly Engine itself does not require any additional software except .NET framework. However, you will require Microsoft Office in order to create templates just like you create docs. GroupDocs.Assembly will accept a template document and data source as input, assemble data with the template by evaluating the template syntax and then generate report in the same document format as that of template. In order to see how to create various types of reports, please visit Programmers Guide. An Example Business Case and the Reporting Requirements If you have countless transactions on daily basis and there is a requirement to generate reports on daily basis, it will be a nightmare or impractical to achieve that manually. GroupDocs.Assembly for .NET 3.0.0 is here to make it possible with little efforts. In order to get developers learn easily and quickly, we have explored the common business case of a typical shopping store. Available Channels and Resources Here are a few channels and resources for you to download, learn, try and get technical support on GroupDocs.Assembly: