The GroupDocs team is always motivated to provide extra ordinary solutions to its users, in this regard we are glad to announce the front-end sample project for the ASP.NET MVC developers for GroupDocs.Comparison for .NET API. Although GroupDocs.Comparison for .NET and GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET APIs have been used to develop this UI Example, but mainly the purpose for this release is to empower the developers to write their own document comparison front-end using GroupDocs.Comparison for .NET 3.x. almost all the features have been applied in this project which was given in the old GroupDocs.Comparison for .NET 2.x UI Based API. The developers are allowed to modify the application to fulfill their own requirements. This project is available at github.com.
Supported Document Comparison Features
The ASP.NET MVC front-end brings end users with tools required for convenient viewing using GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET API and Comparison of a documents using GroupDocs.Comparison for .NET API. The front end provides almost all the common comparison features including:
- Render Comparisons
- Search Changes
- Pagination controls
- Page thumbnails
- Accept changes
- Reject Changes
- List View
- Category View
- Comparison Summary
Requirements to Deploy and Run ASP.NET MVC Front-End
- If you want to run the GroupDocs.Comparison for .NET supported application it doesn’t need any download or installation on client side. End user can render and compare the source and target documents from any standard web-client browser, like IE8+, Mozila Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari 5+ and their mobile version.
- To deploy and properly configure the GroupDocs.Comparison ASP.NET MVC Front-End application on server, you will need a Microsoft .NET Framework version 4.0+ and a “.NET Compatible Web-Server: Internet Information Services (IIS), IIS Express or ASP.NET Development Server (Cassini).
- GroupDocs.Comparison ASP.NET MVC Front-End application is using GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET and GroupDocs.Comparison for .NET APIs. Therefore, you need a separate licenses for both APIs or you can use GroupDocs.Total for .NET to avail the full features of front-end application.
Downloads of ASP.NET MVC Front End
The ASP.NET MVC Front End can be downloaded from GitHub Repository.
To Contribute in ASP.NET MVC Front End
The developers can also contribute to the Front-End through one of the following ways:
- Find an issue or an idea of new feature – fix it and submit a pull request.
- Create an issue in the Github. In this case, GroupDocs Support Team will look on it.
Every effort by the developers/customers would be appreciated.