Do you have to deal with a frequent exchange of the digital documents? Do your documents contain classified and sensitive information that needs to be protected? If they do, how do you process such documents to hide or remove some specific information before sending them outside your company? Well, these questions will definitely pop out the solution that you are currently using for protecting the sensitive content in your document.
What if I tell you that you can automate the process of protecting the classified content in your documents? Wouldn’t it be great when you will be able to do it for a bunch of documents using a single click?
Yes, it is possible because “we have released our document redaction API for Java platform”.
You can now redact, hide or remove sensitive content & metadata from word processing documents, worksheets, presentations, PDF and raster image files in your Java applications using GroupDocs.Redaction for Java. The API provides a single format-independent interface supporting various redaction types such as text redaction, metadata redaction, annotation redaction, and tabular document redaction.
The API provides a wide range of options and methods for the redaction of private information in the documents. The following are some salient features of the API along with their documentation URLs:
- Search and redact exact matches of a search string
- Search and redact using regular expressions
- Use textual (exemption codes) or graphical (colored rectangles) redactions
- Save the document in its original format or as a PDF with raster images of original pages
- Wipeout metadata or redact metadata values
- Remove annotations or redact their text
- Integration interface for implementing custom redactions and formats
- Ability to specify a set of redaction rules (policy) in the XML file
For a complete list of supported features, please have a look at features overview.
The next important thing that you may want to know is, which document formats are supported by the API. Well, we have added support for the most popular formats that are widely used for information exchange. Definitely, we shall keep extending this list in or future releases. At the moment, the supported formats include:
- PDF (.pdf)
- MS Word (.doc, .docx, .dot, .odt, .dotx, .docm, .dotm, .rtf)
- MS Excel (.xls, .xlsx, .xlt, .xltx, .xlsm, .xltm, .csv)
- MS PowerPoint (.ppt, .pptx, .pps, .ppsx, .potx, .pptm, .ppsm, .potm)
- Images (.jpg, .jpeg, .bmp, .png, .gif, .tiff, .tif)
So why not check out how you can automate your document redaction process by downloading the API and evaluating its features. The following are some useful resources for you to quickly get started:
- Download – Zipped JAR
- Maven Installation – GroupDocs Repository
- Documentation – Product Documentation
- API References – Complete API References Guide
- Download Examples – GitHub Repository
You can evaluate the API features for free without any trial limitations using the temporary license. Just follow the instructions provided here and get your temporary license now.
In case you would have any questions or queries, just feel free to share with us on our forum. Cheers!