Invoices and receipts are the documents that are used to record the transactions in a particular format when buying or selling of the services or goods is involved. Things have gone digital and with the popularity of online shopping, digital invoices are widely used. Processing a number of digital invoices and extracting the information manually is a complex as well as time taking process. Thus, you need a faster yet efficient way for such a case. So in this article, I am going to show you how to extract data from a PDF invoice or receipt programmatically in C# using GroupDocs.Parser for .NET API.
Workflow for Extracting Data from a PDF Invoice
The following is the workflow of how to extract the data from a PDF invoice using GroupDocs.Parser for .NET.
- Create table parameters for extracting data from the tables.
- Create template items for extracting data from fields.
- Parse the invoice according to the given template.
- Extract the data.
The following is the screenshot of a sample PDF invoice that I’ll use for extracting the data. You can download this invoice from our GitHub repository.
- Create the template for the given invoice (read more about templates).
- Parse the invoice and extract data.